Enter the Dragon


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
August 12th 2007
Published: August 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi,
I know i have been a bold boy... ie haven't posted for a while... Myself and Heather did a chaffeur driven tour of Xian in a black Buick. We went to the City wall which is impressively intact. It is 14 kilometers long and about 3 times broader than the Great wall which was about 20 foot wide .. it varies... luckily we didnt spent too long at the local Museum... They are constantly discovering relics as they incessantly develop the country. We saw the little Terracotta warriors who are about 18 inches from a different dynasty... Went to a very colourful show in the evening.... Beijing Olympics opening ceremony is I predict going to be a visual and questionnably audible spectacular based on what took some r&r by the pool and were disgusted by this Chinese man who constantly cleared his throat .... they have a lot to learn in the manners department..and they should stop ripping us off too!! if you are going to China .. be prepared ...we just look like big $ signs to them...



Next stop Guilin in Southern China... This place has amazing Limestone Karst formations and a place worth visiting for the sheer beauty to be seen... It is a photographers dream. Even i took some good photos .... We spent 3 hours trying to check at the Sherathon... wE booked through but somehow the hotel didnt have our reservation.... sticking to ours guns we got upgraded ... bowls of fruit .. free internet... i think we will go back... they had possibly the best buffet we ever had in a hotel ... Heather had a diy pasta.. her appetite has returned in heaps now... oh yeah free taxi to the airport too... also should I forget, we went to Yangzhou on a River Li Cruise on Heathers birthday... One of the highlights of our trip easily. Yangzhou is a lovely old fashioned Chinese village with lovely narrow street and like in most of China dirt everywhere .. it hards to find nice clean places to eat ... since at least 4 trips to KFC in our week there!!

The next stage of our trip beckons!


Roc and Bird


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb