A comprehensive guide to exploring Xinjiang


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
March 18th 2021
Published: March 18th 2021
Edit Blog Post

You may perhaps plan to go on a Xinjiang Trip and want to know more about it. It is considered to be a vast land that is locked between the Earth’s highest mountains. Also are present gorgeous forests, stunning lakes, green grasslands and sand deserts in its surroundings. This is what makes this place quite appealing to tourists of all types. Located in Eurasia’s heart, it is the planet’s farthest place from all known oceans. It also boasts of having fabulous landscapes, unique culture and long history. It is filled with beauty and mystery, the reason why it is among the top places to visit in China.

Facts to know about Xinjiang

It is located in China’s northwest part and the country’s largest province. Its capital city is Urumqi, a new, but modern city with large skyscrapers. This is what makes Urumqi Travel another popularly sold itinerary.

You can come across diverse natural landscapes along with historical and cultural sites at Xinjiang. Three major mountain ranges are known to cross this place to the east from the west namely, Karakoram, Kunlunshand and Pamir to the south, Tianshan in the mid part, Atlai to the north. Desert plains exist in-between the mountains. Taklamakan Desert is the largest sandy desert of the world is located here.

Turpan Depression is Xianjiang’s lowest point about 157m below sea level, while K2, the highest place is at Pakistan’s border around 8,611m above sea level, considered to be Earth’s second highest peak.

Xinjiang Tour can be quite educational as you can get to know about its rich culture and history that dates back to about 4 millennia. You can find traces of several kingdoms, cultures and people that once had existed here. Numerous ethnic groups can be found here like the Uyghurs, Han, Tajiks, Kyrgyz, Kazakhs and the Mongols. You can get to know their customs, traditions, culture by visiting the villages and cities here.

Is Xinjiang and Urumqi Travel safe?

Xinjiang has borders with eight countries, namely, Russia, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhastan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, India and Pakistan. It also includes 4 Chinese provinces, namely, Tibet, Qinghai, Gansu and Inner Mongolia. Hence, Xinjiang is a sensitive place and boasts of having widespread governmental surveillance system. Some areas are either restricted completely or partially. The well-established and experienced Xinjiang Travel Agency will let you know in advance the itinerary and things to do and avoid during the trip. It is indeed a safe place for all travellers. Most of the region is accessible for tourists. However, most hotels might not accept foreign guests. But relying on the travel agencies can help you to avoid such problems and enjoy your tour fully.

Best time to visit

Summers are hot and winter quite cold. The best time to visit will be between April and May as well as September and October. However, avoid visiting during Chinese National Holidays, especially between 1-3 May and 1-7 October. During this time, all tourist destinations, restaurants, hotels and trains will be full. To enjoy to the optimum, always visit when the weather is fine and it experiences low tourist turnouts. You can also enjoy discounts. For details, refer to https://www.xinjiangtravel.org/!

Itinerary to follow

If you plan to spend a week’s time at Xinjiang, then you may follow this itinerary. You can always customize it as per your requirements.

Day 1

Arrive at Turpan by night train in Gansu from Dunhuang. Spend your afternoon by visiting Emin Minaret. Wander around the grape vines and the old houses. You can take help of the Urumqi City Guide to know more about the place.

Day 2

Book a taxi to tour the ancient ruins of Jiaohe and Tuyoq village located amidst the mountains.

Day 3

Before departing to Kashgar by the 2pm train, explore Turpan.

Day 4

You can advance book an overnight trip long the Karakoram Highway to Tashkurgan. Ask your driver to pick you at the station and drive to Tashkurgan.

Day 5

Leave Tashkurgan by 9.30am and reach Kashgar by 5pm.

Day 6

If it is a Sunday, then you can check out the livestock market located at the city’s northwest part.

Day 7

Explore the old town of Kashgar and visit Id Kah Mosque and Apak Khoja Mausoleum.

Day 8

Back to Beijing to catch your plane!

Don’te be late to book your trip now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1943s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb