Chengdu: a hidden beauty in China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
August 23rd 2019
Published: August 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

If you are visiting Chengdu for the first time, you’ll be impressed how big it is.

If you are teaching here, there are plenty of things to do there in between the classes.

In fact, with so many options, you may have a difficult time deciding what you should do! Take it easy, fun things never disappear.

Here are 5 interesting things to do when you are visiting Chengdu:


Wander Around Chunxi Road



Chunxi Road is one of THE places to be when in Chengdu, it is considered the fashion center of the entire city.

Thousands of pedestrians can be seen walking around every day, as they peruse the items inside the stores, grabbing a bite to eat at one of the local restaurants.

You will want to do the same during your visit.

Make sure you take the time to see the relief wall made of granite at the junction of the road before you leave.


Visit the Anshun Bridge



This bridge was originally constructed back in the 13th century, but a flood destroyed that original bridge during the 1980s.

Thankfully, the Anshun Bridge has been rebuilt and features a wonderful restaurant now.

The best time to see this bridge is in the evening when it is lit up with LED lights that make the water from the river below sparkle under the nighttime sky.


Visit Mount Qingcheng



Mount Qingcheng is a beautiful and tranquil spot. Even local people love paying visits to it frequently, regardless of which season it is.

On the anterior part of the mountain, you will see Jianfu Palace, Shangqing Palace, and the Tianshi Cave. It’s also filled with numerous Buddhist temples.

Riding a cable car is the easiest way to reach this destination, you might want to it just once.


Visit Du Fu Cottage



This historical cottage dates back thousands of years, it originally belonged to a famous Chinese poet of the Tang Dynasty.

within this cottage, there are five main rooms and four attached rooms. And it is all surrounded by bamboo fences and gardens.

The poet composed more than two hundred and forty poems amongst all the tranquility. While you will love the cottage, if you are a literature lover, you may be more intrigued by the temple in honor of the poet.


Stop to See the Leshan Giant Buddha



At two hundred and thirty-three feet high and seventy-nine feet wide, the Leshan Giant Buddha is massive.

This is the largest stone Maitreya that is seated in the world, and it has been placed on the World Heritage List.


Enjoy your time in Chengdu



There are much more to explore, these are just five most popular things to do in Chengdu. When you plan your trip itinerary, they should be at somewhere on your list while exploring China .

Locals in Chengdu are famous for having a great lifestyle mixed with chills and entertainment. Once you have seen these, you can then tackle the rest of the attractions on your list. Things like the Sichuan opera shows, covered tea, Sino-Ocean Taikoo Li.



A whole new world unfolds.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb