Experience China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
March 2nd 2018
Published: March 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Are you fascinated by Asian culture? Do you long to feel the bustle of Beijing, and wonder what it would be like to have an in-depth conversation with a family who have lived in Beijing for generations? Alexander & Robertsoffers a small group immersion into Chinese culture with their Beijing trips.

You will be guided expertly for a full day of exploration of China’s capital. Beginning with Tiananmen Square, a 100 acres of the city’s heart, ranking with the greatest public plazas in the world. Explore magnificent palaces, beautiful courtyards and elegant pavilions.

Take the historical Chinese transportation, the rickshaw, through the narrow streets of Hutong. These are some of the last old courtyard homes remaining from Beijing's past. You can meet a family who has lived in the home for generations, and get their unique perspective on how China has changed over the years, especially in their capital.

Enjoy a Peking Duck banquet with wine and local beers before a day of adventures discovering China’s impenetrable Great Wall. Walk along this ancient, magnificent structure, imagining the legendary battles fought here while your talented guides weave stories for you. From the foreboding wall you will continue onto the charming Summer Palace, with its landscaped grounds and lovely pavilions around Lake Kunming.

After a restful sleep following your dinner of a regional specialty, savory dumplings, you will wake to marvel at the Terra Cotta Army, an extraordinary army of clay warriors buried more than 2000 years ago. The warriors were made to serve the emperor in his afterlife.

Experience China’s loveliest city, Hangzou, which won Marco Polo’s affection and will capture your love as well. The landscapes of this city have inspired poets and artists for many years, and the views will inspire you too.

Go on to learn about the Chinese art of tea, by visiting an authentic working tea plantation where farmers will teach you how they prepare the soil, pick leaves, and pickle. Travel along an ancient canal to the water town of Wuzhen where life is much as it has been for thousands of years, before discovering Suzhou and it’s exquisite gardens and architecture.

Finally, spend a whole day exploring Shanghai, enjoying the museum, culture, landmarks, and enjoying beautiful galleries.

If you truly want to discover Asian culture, you can choose a package in which you will stay with a local Beijing family. You will explore the city and the magnificent Tiananmen Square, then shop in the market with the help of your guide to choose produce to bring to your host family. Enjoy a lunch and fascinating conversation with your host family before jumping on a rickshaw to explore the traditional courtyard homes.

Explore the Great Wall and the lovely Summer Palace. Explore the Temple of Heaven and have a class with a Tai Chi master. before flying to Yichang and embarking on a river cruise. Settle in your stateroom, enjoy your private balcony, and eat elegant dinners at the Dynasty Palace restaurant between exploring authentic riverside towns.

Fly on to discover the Terra Cotta Army and finally explore all that Shanghai has to offer before heading home.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.534s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb