Day 16 Macau


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
April 15th 2008
Published: October 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 22.2027, 113.541

We arrived at Macau from the ferry. It was a pleasant one hour ferry ride to Macau. First thing I noticed was a race director's box with the words Macau GP below it. I never knew it had a GP!

From the ferry terminal there were a heap of buses, from most casinos, transporting people from the ferry to the hotels/casinos free of charge. We thought we only had a couple of bags with us so we'd do the touristy things first.

Off we went by taxi to St Paul's ruins. St Paul's church was burnt down and all that remains is one big facade standing. A lot of tourists are there and taking photos with it. On the way to St Paul's ruins are all the shops and houses and they seem to have kept their Portuguese styles.

From St Paul's ruins there is a view of the metropolitan Macau with the Grand Lisboa very prominent. Next to St Paul's ruins is a park where I think they would defend Macau. The fort is still there along with the cannons.

We had a Portuguese tart on the way back from St Paul's ruins and it was yummy. Not quite what we get in Sydney, just more delicious here in Macau.

We then went to The Venetian for our accommodation. It was there that we found out we could have left our luggage there and gone away to check in later! Porter Steve for nothing!

The Venetian was to me a real 5 star hotel. Everything about it had a grand look to it whether it be the marble floor, the attention to details to the statues, the casinos...wow! We took our time going to our rooms just to marvel at the architecture. There were paintings, Italian style on the ceilings, waterways with real Italians manning the gondolas and the shopping stores were all branded. Only thing I didn't like was the stupid Manchester United store. I went in but only to look at the replicas of the EPL, FA Cup and Champions League trophies up close and personal. Should've went in there shouting '5 times' (reference to Liverpool being the Champions of Europe 5 times)

The room itself was huge. The bed and lounge areas were separated and there were 2 televisions! Before dinner, Winnie was catching up on her Chinese series on one tv whilst I was catching up with the EPL, Series A and Bundesliga on the other tv. There were 3 channels dedicated to football!

At night after dinner, we went to see the lights...they were impressive. With all the neon signs and all the free shows that Wynn puts on.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb