13 days in China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Lijiang
February 11th 2011
Published: February 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

13 Days in China13 Days in China13 Days in China

Woman smacking our "fresh" fish on the head with a mallet
Day 5

Traveled all day yesterday about 1500 miles to where we are now. When we left Beijing yesterday morning it was snowing so our flights was delayed for about an hour. We flew to Kunming and then flew to Lijiang. When we arrived we were so impressed with the airport it was really cool!

Our cab driver stopped all of the sudden and pulled over because cars are not allowed in the Old City and a bicycle pulled up with a cart and loaded all of our luggage in the back it was quite humorous!

We went to dinner and ordered fish and the lady took it out of the water right in front of us and sacked it with a rubber mallet...Talk about fresh lol.

Woke up this morning and had a Chinese breakfast which consisted of a fried egg, and some soup. I haven't had starbucks for 6 days and I so miss it! They have coffee here but it is so so. We shopped out little hearts out. Lijiang is a smaller city that consist of "New Town and "Old Town". We are staying in "Old Town" which is the coolest place ever! It is sort of like a larger village with old building with hundreds of shops and restaurants in it.

We hit a market place today and saw some interesting foods like worms, crickets, and other bugs. Chinese people do not let anything go to waste they eat every part of the animal. The chicken comes with the beaks and feet and bones. In fact they have live chickens and fish outside the restaurants jut waiting fro someone to order them. So when we went to dinner we ordered chicken and were very relieved when we walked out and there were still 3 chickens left.

Tomorrow we are going to Snow Mountain. It is right outside the city and is the Matterhorn of China. We will be taking a gondola up there. Sound fun....

Until tomorrow, my jet lag is starting to set in......


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

13 days in China13 days in China
13 days in China

Our luggage


12th February 2011

Beth
Have a great time you guys. Looks cool so far. They have those nasty toilets in Italy too... yuk stay warm and safe. Say hi to Jim for me. Can't wait to hear all the stories when you guys get back!! We'll have to go out for steaks, or mexican food, LOL.
16th February 2011

So cool
How is our little international incident Miss T? Thank you Casey for putting together this blog so we can all enjoy the sights with you. OF course it's not the same as being there, but it's still pretty cool!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb