China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Lijiang
November 2nd 2005
Published: November 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Arriving in China was cool. Always going to be the highlight of our trip, it was nice to reach here at last. First stop was Kunming, which although there wasnt much to do, was a nice with a friendly atmosphere, and a good place to get our first taste of chinese life and the delicious chinese dumplings! A couple of days spent, then on to Dali. Dali is a purposely built tourist town (by the governement) and is very nice and pretty with good chinese architecture, though it feels slightly like disney china. Another couple of days here spent mostly shopping for the warm clothes needed for our himalaya expidition. Similar to Dali, was Lijiang, only bigger. Again very pretty, we shopped again and saw an ethnic minority show/dance which was a bit dodgy. Unfortunately we had to move on before we could explore the beatiful lake and mountains that surrounds the town.
Our next adventure was the very cool Tiger Leaping Gorge, the worlds deepest gorge, where we trekked for two days amongst the very lovely scenery.
We are now in Zhongdian (buying more warm clothes!) planning an expidition to Litang through the Himalays which will take us over 5000 metres and through some stunnign scenery.
Tske care all, Will


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb