The Hump and KTV


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Kunming
July 30th 2012
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 25.05, 102.7

After our first night in Kunming, in one of the most horrendous rooms so far on the trip, we moved to a youth hostel called 'The Hump' in the middle of the shopping area of the city. This was better positioned for the HUGE Carrefour supermarket, selling everything including the kitchen sink, McD's, Starbucks and 'The Brilliant Plaza!' As you can prob tell from the things in our proximity, it was not high for sight seeing! One of the funniest moments here, was the KTV karaoke bar.... already pretty fueled from playing ring of fire with cheap gin, we ran across the road in the rain to laugh at Chinese people singing British songs badly. However, it turned out to be a room of our own, filled with beer and popcorn, with a screen to ourselves!! It was like sing-star on a larger scale! We got very carried away, singing, dancing on sofas and strutting on our 'stage' in front of the TV it was hilarious, esp as the Chinese in their rooms were very sedate and were sat on the sofas calmly singing away! I think they laughed at us more than we them!

I am so ready to leave China right now it is unreal! Get me out of here!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb