Kunming


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Kunming
June 20th 2009
Published: September 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 24

We woke and packed our bags again and were just about to head to the train station when we decided to stop and ask the lady at reception some details about getting to Kunming. She informed us that no trains ran from Kunming during the day and that the only way to get there was by bus, which saved us a taxi ride to the train station. She even managed to book us a ticket on the bus which was literally just leaving the bus station and they called the driver on his mobile to get him to pick us up at the end of the road. Bonus!

After getting to the bus station it was five hour bus ride to Kunming which was fine as we were on a nice bus and we could catch up on some sleep.

When we got to Kunming we knew a place to stay because we picked up some flyers from lijiang and we got the taxi driver to drop us off. When we got up there we saw Richard at the bar who we met in Lijiang and we were also in his dorm room. Once in the dorm room Joe started to feel unwell and went for a sleep to get better and Tracy read her book on a beautiful balcony overlooking Kunming in the sunshine.

Joe didn't get any better and just got worse throughout the day and ended up spending 17 hours in bed trying to feel better, we're sure it was some curry sauce from the night before in Dali that caused the problem. Tracy went out for a random night to a bar that employed dancing clowns and came to bed early because we had a plane flight at midday the next day. Joe was still in bed at this point but was feeling better after being sick.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb