Yangshou - Kunming


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Kunming
June 22nd 2007
Published: June 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got up lateish, and headed downstairs to drop off my bags then headed off to cafe China with Mick for some brunch. While leaving we were accosted by Mrs Money, some rich local woman who likes to beg as she finds it so lucrative.

Met the others in the hotel lobby at 12:00 and we all jumped on a bus back to Guilin. The journey was only 1h30 to get to Guilin airport.

Here we chilled out for a short while with a quick drink and sncks before boarding the South China airways flight to Kunming in the Yunnan province. The flight was again only just over an hour. The flight wasnt great as the pilot seemed to like to throw the plane about (maybe he was bored) and the inflight entertainment consisted of more Mr Bean.

We arrived at the hotel late afternoon.

We had just enough time to freshen up before heading out into Kunming for some dinner.

Kunming again is a relatively big city but being 2500m above sea level the tempurature and climate is quite pleasant. On the way to the restaurant it was nice to see people simply playing cards in the street or moon gazing with little telescopes and tripods. Oh and everyone here (China) loves to stare at you, so we got alot of that, especially here for some reason.

The meal again was excellent and we tried bridge noodles.

We then headed back with a quick stop for a quiet beer at the camel bar across the road before going to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb