Mountain bike tour in Dali (aim to the TV antenna tower on Cangshan Mountain, a uphill and downhill mountain bike riding routine)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Dali
June 13th 2013
Published: June 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Mountain bike tour in Dali (aim to the TV antenna tower on Cangshan Mountain, a uphill and downhill mountain bike riding routine)

Dali is located on a average elevation of 1976 meters; There is a road beside the famous scenic spot Three Pagodas Park(it is also called “santa” in dialect). by riding on this road you can make it possible to reach the top of Cangshan Mountain. We so called it the top of Cangshan mountain because there is a TV antenna tower or the Cangshan TV Relay Station (it has the elevation of 4092 meters), which is the highest point that people can be there safely. Unfortunately, the road cannot lead you up to the highest peak, but at least, it will lead you at the place on the elevation of 3200 meters. At the end of the road, the TV Relay Station was connected by a 1000 meters long cable. The use of the cable is for goods delivery. The length of the tour is about 2300 meters and it is going to be a 1200 meters vertical distance.

It technically is not the biggest challenging activity in Dali, but it really is a symbolic bicycle riding routine. If you said you have done a bicycle riding round the Erhai Lake but you have not done a Cangshan Mountain riding tour.
Ironically, it just like you haven't been to Great Wall or Tian'an Men when you were in Beijing.

Safety Tips:
a. The temperature in the high place is much lower than where you stay before you go. Even the summer day it is still very cold. Please do remember to bring warm clothes.
b. there are ups and downs during your tour, and it will make you exhausted if you don't have enough perseverance. Encourage yourself and cheer up by saying "it is only 23 kilometers, if I can't ride until the destination, I will walk there with my bicycle".
c. the road is uneven and there are lots troublesome little stones. Slow down when you go downhill. Please bring the tire repair tools in case of having a flat tire.

大理苍山3200骑行(关键字:苍山电视差转台,山地车爬山、速降骑行路线)
大理海拔为1976米;从三塔侧面上去,顺着三塔正后面那座山上的土石山路一直往苍山上走,这是以前为建设苍山电视差转台(海拔4092米)而修建的一条土石路,以电视差转台下方海拔3200米的地方为路的终点,在终点处与苍山电视差转台用一根钢缆连接(这钢缆长度应该超过千米了吧?),用于物资传送。故其终点处称为3200。从三塔到3200总长度23公里左右。
大理海拔1976米。沿着大理三塔公园(当地人称“三塔”)有一条通往苍山顶的路。这条路是为了修建苍山电视差转台(海拔4092米)而专门修建的。在路的尽头(海拔3200米)处有一条货运钢缆链接着顶峰(海拔4092米)的“苍山电视差转台”(这条钢缆长度至少1,000米了吧?)大理的车友把这条骑行路线叫做“苍山3200”。从三塔公园到海拔3200的路程是23公里,高差达到1,200米。

在大理,环洱海和上3200虽然不是最具挑战的线路,但他们已成为大理标志性的骑行线路,大理的骑友如果没有骑过环海线,没有骑上去过3200,这就像到了北京,没有去天安门留影,没有去爬长城一样。

上3200注意事项:
1、山高气温低,即使夏天上去,也请带上一件防风保暖的外衣。
2、上下落差大,坡陡,需要有足够的毅力,请多鼓励自己“只是23公里而已,推也要把车推上去”。
3、路面不平整,石头多,下坡时不要太快,一定要注意安全;并请带上补胎工具,以防万一。


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb