Zhonghe Temple in Dali


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Dali
September 28th 2012
Published: September 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

What a kerfuffell to get here. The sleeper coach from Shaoyang to Kunming, 17 hours, wasn't the most comfortable or the sweetest smelling ,a baby went to the toilet in the bin, nice! The driver of the coach was good though. I told him where we were going and he made sure we got to the correct bus station. We caught the bus from Kunming to Dali City all going good until we hit a traffic jam on the motorway. 3 1/2 we were stuck in this queue. The strange thing was that once the traffic moved there was no carnage, nothing.

The journey was worth it though. A pretty little walled town which again was once a capital city, not of China, but of a kingdom that stretched into Burma.

Today we went for a walk up into the Cang Shan mountains. It was hard work getting to the top. We deviated off the main drag going up to go through a cemetery. The temple at the top Zhonghe Temple was in a bit of direpair as much of it seemed to be around there. There were very few people too which was good. We had some vegetable noodles for lunch in a small place near the temple and then we came down again along the pathway avoiding the cemetery. We did take a different road and ended up passing a military establishment where some soldiers shouted at us, there was a sign in English and Chinese saying "No Tourists", so we quickened our pace. I don't fancy a Chinese military prison!!

Enjoy the photos

Jah Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb