On board for the Yangtze River cruise


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yangtze River
September 16th 2016
Published: September 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Have just boarded the Century Diamond at Jingzhou for a 4 day cruise up the Yangtze River. Yesterday we left Shanghai late afternoon and flew west to Wuhan were we stayed the night. It was really just an overnight stop but from our very nice room on the 30th floor we had a panoramic view of the river and could see various boats moving about. Most of the passenger ones were scenic tours or dinner cruises and many were festooned with elaborate and colourful lighting creating quite a spectacle on the water. Along the river banks most of the buildings were 20 stories or higher and they were also covered in coloured lights. That was impressive enough, but every half hour or so all the roughly thirty buildings began a synchronised lighting routine where they would all switch to the same colour, sometimes with patterns flashing across them. We could see about a km of the river and this lighting show ran for about 10 - 15 minutes, very clever!
This morning we left Wuhan at 7.00am and drove about 4 hours to Jingzhou. Should be casting off soon. Looking forward to the cruise.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb