Yinchang


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yangtze River
November 25th 2018
Published: November 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Yinchang is a prefecture level city located in the western Hebel province . It is the second largest city after the capitol Wuhan. The 3 gorge Dam is located in the area made of Yiling, tiling Wujagang and Dianjun urban districts as Xiaoting district not yet urbanized. Under the Qing empire Yichang opened forgein commerce as a trading post. During the wars it was the primary supply depot, Thus today the cruise port where we will embark the century sun river cruise boat late in the evening.

The course of the Yangtze river is the longest river in Asia and the 3rd longest in the world. The river is the longest in the world to flow in one country. It drains 1/5 th of the land area and it's river basin is home to 1/3 rd the countries population. Fed from the glacier of the Gelaindong Massif in the tangquille mountains southwest dinghai to the confluence with the dang river to the tonglian river, to the gold sand river to the chua river at the banks of Chua city the largest city in the world.



The three gorges Dam is a gravity dam that spans the Yangtze river by the town Sandouping in Yiling district, Yiching Hubei province. It is today the largest in the world. The dam took several years to build after the devastating flood in 1998 that took thousands of lives and flooded millions of miles of land. The dam was completed in 2009 after relocating all the towns that would be taken by the flooding. The 1st gorge Old Xiling 2nd gorge Wu gorge 3rd gorge Old Quantang gorge. The dam was built to hold back the water and produce power. Approx 1.7 billion KW of power is produced every year. The ships can travel the locks for free but takes 5 hours and could wait 4-5 days wait. The smaller ships take the ship elevator and pay a small fee but are through in 45 mins.

The project employed 40,000 people for 10 years now leaving 2000 to maintain and the army to protect. It generates 120,000million in revenue per day and will for years to come. A man made wonder of the world.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Our shipOur ship
Our ship

200 passengers 10 staff pretty spoiled




Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb