Short Stopover in Wuhan


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yangtze River
October 23rd 2017
Published: October 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Saturday was a travel day to Wuhan. We flew on Southern China Airline. Wuhan is a city of 12 million with great contrasts. The skyline is filled with hundreds of high rise apartments in stages of building. Cranes are everywhere......but beside them there might be an area of shacks. Of course the Wuhan Airport is about an hours drive to the city centre where we were staying in a Howard Hohnson hotel. The drive was good at the start but the closer we got to the city the worse it got. It took us about two hours to get there but it was an amazing experience. We were mesmerized by the sights. We were told that our hotel had a big golf ball at the top so we were excited to finally see it.

Our room was beautiful! It looked out onto the contrast of the city. Big beautiful high rises with low rise apartments in front. Saturday must be wash day as many balconies had laundry hanging on them.

We had about an hour before we boarded the bus again to go to a Tibetan restaurant. It was a 45 minute ride in the traffic. The meal wasn't much different than anything else we have had. After returning from the restaurant, we headed up to the 42nd floor to view the lights and have a drink with some of the friends we have made. Lots of fun!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb