Day 2 Ground control to Major Tom


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Xinjiang
June 4th 2013
Published: June 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Is Anybody out there ?? the weather and satellite troubles may leave me playing catch up and you wondering ...day 2 sees me

Sitting hunched over a computer, cold, cramping, shoulders barely moving, I'm thinking I overdid it a bit, only slightly ! ! Hmm forgot the major rule and used the turbo shuffle a little too often. The golden rule," don't forget the big day".

Tomorrow's approach will be to take it a tad easier, we really get into some of the perpendicular and altitude tomorrow.

Today was called easy, road and track and basically flat. 39.2 kilometers over traditional Gobi Desert terrain, starting on farming land and moving across rocky open terrain with gullies, small bushes and grasslands.

39 Kilometers 6 and 1/4 hours, 3/4 hour better than yesterday, and sitting in about 53-54 th place I think.

THE TENT buddies are providing all the support, Collin the Englishman, suffering a bit of flu today, The Australian, Steven Brydon, he is running and raising monies for a Charity, Autism Spectrum follow his' blog" Yoko the Japanese treasure, and another Japanese guy, his name still missing me , We all seem to be travelling in the same time frames, so if one is going well, let's play follow the fastest or take the lead, so it is a great spur on, probably too good for me today. So for me most of the day it was a matter of spotting one of them , following , stalking until later, toward the end of todays stage I went into turbo shuffle and now thoroughly regretting it.

Tonight I think I will be tucked up by 6, looking forward to a Hot dinner ,a couple of those beauty sleeping pills, ear plugs and hope for a really good nights sleep,this will hopefully iron out some of the kinks.

Day 3 brings The hill climbs with a little higher altitude , i want to be well rested and ready so the lights are going out

Till next we meet...

Advertisement



4th June 2013

boney..u gaining on the leaders dude..keep even pace and u will grind them down..steady as she goes..the turtle won the race in the end..hahaha..go boney go..tracking ur every step..H

Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb