The bus ride to Buer'Jin


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Xinjiang
July 13th 2005
Published: July 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

7:00am, Travel Agency
While waiting for my bus, in front of the travel agency, i met a couple from Belgium. Tim and Ann. God was i glad they were around. Imagine having to sit through 4 days with a bunch of chinese tourists!! The bus left at about 8:30am and i was seated next to a chinese girl. It took about 10 hours to get to the Buer'Jin.

9:00am, In the bus.
Our tour guide got everyone to come in front and introduce themselves. So, when it was my turn, i said 'Wo xingming Ismail. Wo shi Ma-lai-see-yah-ren.' Everyone clapped. It was really funny.

2:00pm, Still in the bus.
This is taking a LONG time. We should be arriving buer'jin at about 9:00pm. We crossed a huge desert, grasslands, sunflower fields, and finally a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HUGE HUGE BIG EXTREMELY HUGE oil mining facility. It was at a flatland and it spread as far as the eye could see. It was like watching an ocean of oil mining machine. Crazy.

9:00pm, Arrived at Buer'Jin
We arrived at this small town and the 'group' wanted to have dinner together. The thing about chinese tour agencies is they have deals with restaurants along the way so they probably get a cut in the comission. It was expensive so me and the Bilishi (belgiums) decided to head to the night market for some ikan bakar. After dinner, we went back to our hotel. I had a room shared with a chinese tourist. When i got back he was already snoring so i took a shower and went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



6th August 2005

Buer'Jin
There are Chinese Tourist in China? Gosh, I thought Chinakoi only work and work and work. That is why Chinese made good is cheap here.
19th November 2005

No Chinese Tourists?
No Chinese tourists? You must be joking man. Try traveling with the millions during Spring Festival!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb