Day 6 - by Glasgow Hub


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tianjin
July 19th 2014
Published: July 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Kung Fu

As has become the norm during our time in Tianjin, we woke up at quarter to seven this morning to have Kung-fu lessons at seven twenty. For me waking up early to exercise is the best way to wake up, during my time at Tianjin my favourite activity has been learning Kung-fu from Master Li as well as a thorough workout Kung-fu requires constant mental concentration. As an overall workout I think that Kung-fu, as well as all martial arts, is unique in its requirements and benefits. Endurance, fitness, strength and spirit are just a few of the wide variety of aspects that are vital to the practice of any martial art.

Mandarin lessons

Today during Mandarin lessons we learnt how to identify and pronounce different types of money, and learned how to work on our bartering skills which we intend to later use when we visit a market. Additionally, we also learnt how to understand and give out directions when necessary. Moreover we learnt how to say different forms of transport and how to identify the time.

Bronze-ware making

Today, the first craft activity was Bronze-ware making in which we made a candle holder using a plant pot, wooden sticks and some modelling clay. We were given the plant pot with the wooden round blocks - for legs - attached and we began to cover the pot from the wooden blocks down and finishing inside of the pot.





... to be completed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb