Trip to The Natural History Museum, Tianjin


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tianjin
July 1st 2014
Published: July 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Ready to go!!!Ready to go!!!Ready to go!!!

Matthew settles down for the drive ahead!!!
First week of the school holidays! I have spent a long time researching lots of fun places to take the boys. I had found that there was a Natural History Museum in Tianjin and it had a couple of good reviews........ well, except for one that said it may have closed down!! But ready for a new adventure we went anyway!! And I am so glad we did. It has been years since I had been to a museum, we kept saying each summer back home that we would take Matthew to London to visit them there but never got round to it. So this was Matthew's first time.

The building was so big, clean and had a great selection of dinosaurs, fish and other odd looking sea creatures as well as fossils and shells etc and a really big collection of butterflies and beetles. There were great displays to see and even though all the information was in Chinese there were lots of touch screens and flaps to lift for children to use that had great photos so Matthew and William could still understand! There was also a floor with lots of real size animals. I was very impressed.

As this was also Williams first time, I took his pushchair just in case he got over excited!! I could just see him running up to the big dinosaur and knocking it over!!! Also the displays were set over 3 floors......I was very happy to see that there were lifts there! The toilets were ok to!! The only down fall was that there was a great 4D cinema.......that was now closed down! and there was a butterfly garden to walk around that was also closed down!! But on a plus.....it was FREE to get in!! Yay!!

We are off to the Science museum next week so I now have really high hopes!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

20140701_09070920140701_090709
20140701_090709

Its so big!!
Hope he has eaten!!Hope he has eaten!!
Hope he has eaten!!

William is a little worried of the bear!!


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb