Bali - KL - Tianjin - Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tianjin
February 13th 2010
Published: February 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ok so the bali one is going to have to wait because i have no pictures and its really long so i cant really be bothered to use a crappy keyboard to write that and the essays for the guidebook so they will be coming just when iv sorted my life out.

The journey wasnt great to be honest it wasnt the longest or most uncomfortable really but mentally it just left me jaded so iv decided im going to moan for a little bit.

The Bali airport is so strange its liek they had loads of australian cash to build it but ended up blowing it all on fishtanks for the loos that they forgott about the rest of it, well apart from the security checks and big posters saying 'DEATH PENALTY OR DRUG TRAFFIC´ which even though your not sttill scares the shite outa ya. the thing that pissed me off the most though was that ok u have to buy the visa to get in the country but making you pay to leave when youve been constantly robbed of your cash the whole time your there it takes the piss.

KL second time around was loads worse, it wasnt as long but had no1 to talk to and no coffee to keep me buzzing so i ended up wandering around pretty dazed and confused. idealy tainjin would be easy so i could just get me ass to bejijng and sleep, air asia only flys to this shithole for some reason instead of going direct to beijing. And tianjin is a huge pile of turd, its so russian in look and in communist soviet block nature the people are so misrable and russian looking which made me instantly not like them and then i saw tianjin itself probably one of the most depressing places on earth no wonder there pissed to be stuck here the only happyness in this place is when you leave. Althoughhhh....they do for some reason have an italian style village? and the citys only redeming feture has got to be the road signs such as dont try to drive with your eyes closed and my personal favourite dont bash other cars with your giant mobile phone.

I know for sure the huge highlight of the day and the apect which almost made it all worth it was the bullet train from tianjin to beijing it was freaking awesome, the speedomiter is above the door so you can will it on to get faster than the top speed i saw of 330 km an hour. It took longer for the bus from the airport to get to the train station down the road about 5km than it did to get the train all the way to beijing in about 20mins flat.

Back in Beijing at last! loved the place in summer but it seems so different in winter theres hardly anyone about especially on bar street where you could chill drink out side and see loads of other people westerners and chinese alike doing the same but now you can only sit inside because of how cold it is and even then the bars were empty! When i say its cold its bloody cold, minus something or other, i was cold in KL airport at 26 C so minus is just killing me. the dumplings were the best thing iv eaten in a long time i have been lookng forward to eating them almost as much as a yorkshire pudding or a pasty so they served as a consolidation prize at least. was cool to meet up with amy again and catch up, not sure i could have stayed in beijing all this time especailly in winter so fair play to her.

sorry for the spelling and what not mexican computer so it thinks its all wrong not being in spanish.

Adios Amigos


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb