Tianjin - Nankai University


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tianjin
October 25th 2008
Published: November 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent from about September 19 until October 24 or so at Nankai University located in Tianjin studying Chinese, Calligraphy, Beijing Opera, Taiqi, and Martial Arts. There was not very much to do in Tianjin, but we managed to find ways to keep occupied. About two or three weeks into the program we participated in that dragon race. Chinese classes lasted all morning for about four hours, and then we had one or two of those electives during the afternoon. I think my favorite part about the whole experience may have been the food at the southwest market on campus. There was an amazing noodle place that had great fried noodles. The school also had an awesome Olympic sized indoor pool that I went to quite frequently. Pool rules were a bit odd and there were usually a handful of students, teachers, and locals that would make themselves nearly impossible to pass in the pool - no one knew how to do anything but breaststroke so I got kicked frequently when trying to pass. Overall I enjoyed Tianjin, and I thought that the teachers at Nankai were fantastic. Outside of campus the only things I really explored were the old culture street (in my visa blog about fifteen back), the Italian concession, and, of course, THE GONGANJU, also known as the place you go for visa quandaries.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Three legged raceThree legged race
Three legged race

(Divya and i won the piggy back 40 meter dash)
Fountain lake place on campusFountain lake place on campus
Fountain lake place on campus

every morning there would be a water show with some kind of music...either kenny G or symphonic chinese patriotic music
delicious dinnerdelicious dinner
delicious dinner

less than a dollar


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb