The summer holidays are comming!!!!!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tianjin » TEDA
June 11th 2014
Published: June 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Where has this year gone? Matthew has been at TIS school for almost 5 months, since Feb. He has learnt so much and so many new things. He's like a sponge!! He has shot up in Maths and reading and his writing and spelling is coming along really well at a fast rate!! It has been a busy 2 weeks at school as it is coming to the end of term ready to start the summer holidays. Last week Matthew took part in his first sports day, so much different to his school back in England. Matthews took part in 8 sports/races and he did really well. He came first in the 50meters running race, 2nd in the shuttle race and 3rd in the Hurdles race!! At the school they have "house Colours" Each class/grade is split into red/green/blue and yellow houses. There was a relay race, each house colour took part and Green house came first!!! Matthew is in Green house so he was really happy!! Then there was a teacher relay race, they all did so well!!

Then they save the best till last......Students V parents/teachers in the "Pop, pop, pop race" Each person has a balloon attached to their ankle and the adults have to pop the students balloons!!! Simple......but there are about 200 children taking part!!! Andy took part, I don't think he realised what he had let himself into!!!!!! Andy and Matthew got into the last section!! Once all the students was out (after running around for a good 20mins in temp of 36!) it was then parents V the last standing teacher!!!!! After 15mins it was a draw!!! Andy was the last daddy standing!!!! Well done daddy!!!



Next up was the schools "End Of Year Show" This was so nice to see, the children take so much pride in what they do. Lots of singing and dancing!!

Matthew was in the wars this week, just before he fell ill Monday night he fell down some stairs at school and ended up in the sick room with a collection of nice bruises on his arms and legs!!!!

This Friday Matthew has a trip to the beach with Grade 1 and then a sleepover at school in the evening!!! He is going to be a busy boy!!!

then he has 7 & half days left till the last day of term........then its 7 weeks of fun!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



11th June 2014

BAD NEWS AND GOOD
APOLOGIES. I CAN'T TURN OFF THE CAPITALS. So sorry about your bad tummies - hope you didn't get it in the end Lindsay. great pictures of ALL YOUR ADVENTURES. hAVE WONDERFUL HOLIDAYS. AS YOU SEE MY LAPTOP IS A BIT POORLY NOW AND WONT BEHAVE PROPERLY SO I'LL JUST SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR HAPPY BIRTHDAY PICTURE .I'M VERY IMPRESSED TO SEE IT IN CHINESE!! mY FRIENDS MET IN THE CHURCH HALL AND BROUGHT SOME RAFFLE PRIZES INSTEAD OF PRESENTS AND WE RAFFLED THEM ALL TO MAKE TWO HUNDRED POUNDS FOR DIABETESUK. tHAT'S A CHARITY TO RESEArch into the disease. We all had a lovely afternoon. LOTS of Love Nanny Sylvia.xx
12th June 2014

LIFE WHILE IN CHINA
Well done Matthew - you are a star!! Just wish Grandad & I could have been there to cheer you on.

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb