Our first hospital trip in Teda, China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Tianjin » TEDA
March 23rd 2014
Published: March 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Matthew's poorly armMatthew's poorly armMatthew's poorly arm

Matthew was very brave!!
We have experienced our first trip to the SOS clinic and hospital with Matthew. I had the dreaded phone call from Matthew's school on Friday afternoon to say he has had a little accident at school. He fell off the monkey bars in the playground and he can't move his arm, hand or fingers and his wrist is very swollen, they think he needs to go to hospital to see a doctor and get an Xray. I felt like challenge Anneka!!! Get passports, enough money, find a taxi......there is always a taxi outside of our apartments but today he was nowhere to be seen so I had to walk all the way to the main road and flag one down!!

Then when I got to the school I couldn't find the sick bay room....no sign on door, didn't think it would be next to the storage room!! Matthew was white as a sheet when I finally found him. His hand was really swollen and the ice packs were doing no good at all. Next we had to find another taxi to take us to the SOS clinic, I had the name and address in Chinese so shouldn't be a problem....unless
20140322_13133420140322_13133420140322_131334

matthew is watching m . I . high in bed.
the driver has not heard of the place before!! But with me directing we got there in the end!! I was quite impressed with myself!! The SOS clinic was lovely inside, very clean and helpful staff who spoke good English. They gave the boys some orange juice while we waited to see the doctor. We did not have to wait long to see a doctor, he was really nice, think from New Zealand? So English speaking. He said he is sure Matthew's wrist is fractured so would need an xray....at the next hospital! It wasn't far but they got their own driver and a nurse to take us to the Chinese hospital.....the nurse was lovely and she stayed with Matthew while he had his Xray. Then we had to drive back to the SOS clinic for the doctor to look at the xray photo.

Only 1 fracture which was good but he said we had to go see another doctor at another hospital to have a look and maybe put a cast on Matthew or a splint......this hospital was in the main town, ONE hours drive away. By now the time was 5pm. We was lucky to track our driver down before he went home to take us there. But we had to get another taxi from the SOS to our apartment then meet our driver there.

Quick wee and nappy change stop then onto the next hospital.....sounds simple enough but no, we had to stop on the motorway for an hour because they only let certain car number plates go at a certain time due to the pollution!! We got to the hospital at 7.30pm! I had 4 lots of forms to fill out before we got to see the doctor!! including information of when Matthew was born ie his weight, length, how long we were in hospital for etc!! When we finally saw the doctor he confirmed it was fractured and changed the dressing with a splint. We was with him for about 10-15 minutes, more forms to fill out then pay. We finally got home just after 9pm!!! What a long day!!! We have to go back again for a check up on Tueday.

It has been one of those weeks.....I have found a nursery to take William to, he was ment to have a visit there for a couple of hours on Thursday
Summer is here!!Summer is here!!Summer is here!!

William is digging in the sand
and Friday but I was unable to get there as no taxi knew where it was even though I had the address and name in Chinese!!

I went to plan B....get Williams hair cut. After taking 20 minutes to cross the main road I found a hairdresser but they would not cut his hair just in case he may cry!!! It is a little frustrating to say the least!!

So I ended up taking William to the indoor soft play area followed by a Macdonalds lunch!!

At least the weather has been nice, summer is here at last!! The sun is shining and blue skies!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

20140320_16202020140320_162020
20140320_162020

matthew is digging in the sand pit
20140321_11472620140321_114726
20140321_114726

William makes a new friend!!


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb