Chenresig


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Yading Nature Reserve
August 7th 2018
Published: August 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Hi All
Stayed in Riwa which is where the ticket office is situated. We had wanted to stay in Yading village but at the ticket centre nobody was very helpful and we were told that places to stay were very expensive. Hotels in Riwa were also very expensive so we stayed in a Tibetan home with a family. The room, I use that term loosely, was a couple of pieces of plywood stood up in the corner of the room. The room had no ceiling so it was very noisy with people and animals coming and going. The bathroom was in the yard outside with Chinese toilets and a shower which was a dribble. The people though were very friendly and hospitable. The children were curious and loved to play games.
Restaurants and shops were all also expensive.

So up early and onto some of the first buses at 7.20 am. Lonely Planet's advise is rather confusing. We went up past the temple to see Zhouma La hoping to then go on to Milk Lake and Five Colour Lake but that is not the way to go. So, we then walked back to Luorong pastures and then on to the two lakes.
The hike through the pastures is fairly flat and most of it is on wooden or metal walkways. We did come across parts which were under construction which were a little difficult to get through. The views all around were spectacular. As we got to the pastures the clouds parted and we could see all of Chenrisig. We kept on walking and went up the mountainside to see the two beautiful lakes with the mountains all around. So, so beautiful. Like walking around a postcard.
We must have walked 30 kms and spent the whole day in the park. I was very tired at the end of the day. I am so pleased we spent that extra time in Litang as I am now acclaimatized to the altitude. Most of the park is 4000 metres above sea level.

The park was very very busy. Most tourists take the carts to the pastures and then walk up to lakes. So by the time we got there everyone was coming down the mountain. The weather even in August can change so quickly. We saw rain, driving rain, strong winds and scorching sunshine. The trail on the mountain was very slippery when it rained and I slipped over once. Had to wait 45minutes for a bus back down the mountain with the typical ineptitude of not knowing how to queue.

Our time in Sichuan is over and it's on to Yunnan.

Enjoy the photos
JAH Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb