Ice Mountain


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Songpan
November 11th 2006
Published: November 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Current mood: Tired but happy

Up, Breakfast, saddled and back on the road leaving the camp set up for our return from ice mountain.

Well each day is different on my horse...! some days i feel like a cowboy and others i feel like the Incredible hulk riding My Little Pony (well off balance)...... Well today i was like a Green Muscle Man on a pink pretty horse!

Gonzarlise (because he aint speedy) is what i named my pony! the ride was a difficult one, being quite a steep climb balancing on cliff edges for nearly four hours! the ride was difficult but worth the views when we eventually reached our destination!

The ICE MOUNTAIN...... when we reach our final point is still in the distance as we are not really prepared for that type of climb on horse back! we were camped at 3000 metres and we trekked as high as 4200 but the peak its self was well over 5000! ideally its said that you should climb 300 and camp to climatize!!! we simply didnt have that amount of time! Anyhoooooo the views were great. Really worth all of the effort and well worth the 700 yuan for the entire trip! as the final climb was pretty steep we were left to rest for an hour or so before our return but we had to walk down as the ride would have been a twitchy one to say the least!

When reaching the bottom only myself Cara and Ashley were there! Tim and Vanessa had dissapeared! so a guide stays behind and we head back to camp via the twists and turns of the deadly road!

Shit guys.... climbing a hill on horse back is hard but descending??????? ahhhhhhh poo!! Let me explain!! the horse is a size....... me on the back is even higher....... so when your 6 feet in the air looking over 40-200 ft drops it gets spooky. well...... Gonzarlise must feel the same. He keeps hesitating and tripping with my arse on his back and life in his rickety nees!!!

As he kept panicking i in in the end got put on a lead by my guide...... (like a little baby in Blackpool beach resort) and was led all the way back to camp! i felt like a right pillock hahahahaha trouble was the guide does this every
the views from the route towards ice mountain!the views from the route towards ice mountain!the views from the route towards ice mountain!

the ride to ice mountain and back was to difficult to take pics at the same time...... sorry guys
day so nikolarse was being dragged down a huge mountain face by pepe who doesnt care if my horse is standing or skidding on his chin!!! (politely........ i shit my pants)

So eventually back at camp we here that Tim is not back still and the guides arnt really bothered! so ive kinda decided that if the guides dont go by four oclock ill go have a wonder on my very own rescue mission! so my next blogg may be my fight with t he night time animals on my military search and rescue opp!!! hahahahah i hope not its cold and poo scary darK out there!!!

For now ill leave you all be with that thought in mind.......... im off for food and some rest before i head out!

i cant wait now to get back to the digs to rest on a comfyish bed!!!

love from a brummy....................... love to SAM, Aaron, Zac, Calum and Melissa!!!!

your big bro niki!!!! loving up China................ hey melly welly!!!! love ya chuckin!!

hi to the folks!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

me giving it largeme giving it large
me giving it large

i was really freezing
Ashley and the peakAshley and the peak
Ashley and the peak

dont think she could find it!!
the girlsthe girls
the girls

love you both to pieces..... you are great..... but stinky hehehe
maybe my horse!!maybe my horse!!
maybe my horse!!

eitherway fair play to it for getting us to the top as the walk down was testing!!!
the path down the mountainthe path down the mountain
the path down the mountain

i tell you what i shit myself for most of the descent it wernt easy going with only two hands!!
Ashley returning Ashley returning
Ashley returning

obviously i was early with my guide leading me down hahaha


17th November 2006

cracking pictures - wish I was there! Hugs xxx
20th November 2006

Your pictures look absolutely breath-taking! Looks like China is worth a stop! Cheekily, this is probably even too late for a 'belated', but.....happy belated birthday! i was travelling around Scotland (not as exotic as the places you've been to, mountain trekking and all) and only recently got back! Hows the Chinese going? learnt any useful phrases? take care, love midg

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb