Day 6 (Day 4 of Study Tour)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Leshan
June 8th 2007
Published: June 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We woke up really early again and had a quick breakfast. Afterwards, we finally left that god-awful excuse for a hotel at around 8 A.M.. While traveling, it was raining really hard. Only an hour into our travel, we were stopped on one of the mountains, as their was a landslide blocking the road. The rocks were too large to pass, and we were forced to wait as government officials removed the rubble. We were stopped for a couple hours, and thus, were forced to skip our morning visit to the Dong village of Chejiang Sanbao. We stopped for lunch along the way, and then continued on our journey.

During our trip, we were stopped on numerous other occasions as landslides were occurring everywhere and blocking the roads. In the afternoon we visited the Miao village of Datang. Basically, the place reeked of the most awful odors. Not only that, the villagers did not seem too friendly and welcoming. We left soon after arriving. Finally, after 8 P.M., we arrived to our hotel at Leishan. The hotel we are staying at, the Leigongshan Guoji Hotel, is a four star hotel. This is such a drastic improvement over last night. After dinner, I explored the city and then hung out with other members of the study tour. At the hotel, I also found that after many days, I finally had internet access. This is a really nice hotel and I am enjoying my stay here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb