Kangding to Chengdu


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Kangding
July 29th 2007
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Prayer Flags in KangdingPrayer Flags in KangdingPrayer Flags in Kangding

Top of the mountain
Day 1

We left Litang fo Kangding where we stayed at Sally's Guesthouse which was great value. We met some amazing people including some English people doing the world's challange and it had this great atmosphere about it. The town its self was interesting to say the least. In the middle of the town was this raging river which looked so fierce and you could hear it from all over the town. I can't remember why this was so but it was amazing to see. We took a cable car to the top of this mountain where a tour guide called sprite (after the can drink) took us around for free and sang the traditional Kangding love song. Which was quite good, although I didn't understand a word she was singing. The top of the mountain had prayer flags everywhere and was very rich in traditional tibetean tradition (great wording there).

Day 2

We took another horrible car ride to a very very traditional tibeatean down called Taghong where we actually stayed in a traditional tibeatean families home which was a great experience up high in the house. Although it seemed a bit dangerous at night because of the screaming occuring outside of the house. But whilst there we rode horses around the fields and drank yak milk. There was not a cloud in the sky the whole time and the locals were very friendly towards us.

Day 3

We went back to Kangding and stayed another night at good old Sally's guesthouse. In our second time there we took the chance to organise our bus tickets to the capital of Sichuan called Chengdu and also just went for a walk around to see the mix of the tibetean culture, muslim influence and Han chinese influence. Everything was mixed in this town it seemed. ON the mountain faces there were these huge picture of traditional tibetean art which looked not only huge but also posed the question of how they do that? Last night in Sally's was great. I spent the afternoon talking in my horrible Chinese to this Chinese worker of the hostel and I learnt some Tibetean and some more CHinese, as well he learnt some English.
The next day we would leave the countryside and enter the big smog of CHengdu.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0952s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb