The Nine Castles Valley—Earthly Paradise <2>


Advertisement
China&#039;s flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Jiuzhaigou
March 10th 2009
Published: March 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Terrible headache never stops torturing me as long as disembark the aircraft in Jiuzhaigou airport meanwhile I wasn’t pretty much bothered by mountain sickness while in Tibet though the sum of my Tibetan tours covers 20 times. The average altitude in Tibet is around 12’000 feet but only 8’000 to 10’000 in Jiuzhaigou. It’s not a proper way to evaluate one’s physical condition only through by the reaction of altitude. A basic rule for mountain travelers is do not feed yourself bunch of pills for headache or hard breathing unless it’s been proved mountain sickness. Some sort of reaction might be a bit strong on those first timers by air cos they fail to get used to the altitude bit by bit so those bus travelers won’t have the same problem for their bodies already experienced the change of elevation within plenty of hours.

To avoid the morning busy hours till 9am would be a smart choice for westerners. All travelers will be delivered every scenic spot by shuttle buses in the national park and feel free to take a ride while needed. A boardwalk also available for hikers or photographers for beautiful scenery always comes up in those non-frequent
A streamA streamA stream

the water is freezing cold even in summer for it's from those snow mountains nearby
places. However overnight camping is not permitted in the park. A little tip for those hikers abort bus ride is a correct English guidebook might be needed for the interesting Chinglish translation of those signs and directories and most of the staff don’t speak English.

The highlight of Jiuzhaigou is the water with incredible color formed by rich mineral for earthquakes are pretty much active in this region. Mostly blue and green. When fall comes the plantation all turns yellow and red the reflection makes the water colorful as well. Picturesque is the only proper word to describe it. If travelers need re-tour the park next they should declare this while buying tickets at the first day. The park authority will give every 2-days visitor a shot and print the portrait on the ticket so that one ticket will be only for one traveler, the charge will be the same. The entering will be free while showing this special 2-days ticket next day.

There’s only one tourists center offers meal in the park means all travelers need to get meals there. For environmental concern food will be cooked and delivered from outside. There’s an interesting in the dinning hall the bathroom won’t be accessible without through a big souvenir market. Whoever made this must be a genius.

A similar scenic spot nearby called Huanglong ( yellow dragon ), actually a calcification land form with water falls would be an optional destination if you don’t mind another 200 yuen admission fare.

For most backpackers they will return Chengdu city after Jiuzhaigou national park instead of keep going further to the north or west. Or further north takes to Gansu Province where the original beginning of Great Wall located and the ancient silk road passed further west for more Tibetan religions with both amazing highland scenery and original non-commercial culture If you are bunch of professional well-trained and advanced-equipped adventurers.

This is still not a backpacker’s frequent destination for it’s not renown in western nations. Meantime the accommodations and service quality are still not capable for massive western group travelers neither, for instance currency exchange service, English-speaking local guides and hotel staff still not available, no heating and only few hours hot water supply in most 4 star hotels, even no porter’s service for those groups take early fights. Progressing facilities is absolutely critical however upgrading service does help to create a vibrant tour industry.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

A view of a 4 star hotel nearby the entrance of the national parkA view of a 4 star hotel nearby the entrance of the national park
A view of a 4 star hotel nearby the entrance of the national park

Direct translation is "Golden Dragon Fishing Harbor Grand Hotel", not officially rated, quasi 4 star.
shuttle buses in the national parkshuttle buses in the national park
shuttle buses in the national park

Those are toyota coaster made in a toyota factory in Chengdu. All the internal shuttle busese all fuel natural gas instead of petro.
A view of Peacock River A view of Peacock River
A view of Peacock River

considered a highlight in this national park for the beautiful colorful water.
A theater for the night Tibetan folk show A theater for the night Tibetan folk show
A theater for the night Tibetan folk show

There are many of them this one considered one of the best
A Lamborghini parking in front of Paradise hotelA Lamborghini parking in front of Paradise hotel
A Lamborghini parking in front of Paradise hotel

There's also a Bently, a Hummer and a stretch luxury Mercedes parking side by side. it's said for rental, the fee for an airport ride would likely be 1000 USD
An internal view of the Paradise hotel's lobbyAn internal view of the Paradise hotel's lobby
An internal view of the Paradise hotel's lobby

It's possibly the most unique one in the world, actually a glass roof covered garden with ducks, black swans and gold fish.
My lunchMy lunch
My lunch

eggs, fried rice cakes with meat inside, soya bean milk and boiled corns
A big shuttle busA big shuttle bus
A big shuttle bus

there always be a bus guide on board but chinese speaking only.
A morning view in Jia-bo hotelA morning view in Jia-bo hotel
A morning view in Jia-bo hotel

That was on my "long march" from my room to the lobby which is another buliding one mile apart for breakfast.


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb