Blue water thrill


Advertisement
Asia » China » Sichuan » Jiuzhaigou
June 17th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

When the bus left Songpan bus station we were the only 2 passengers on it and, on arriving in Jiuzhaigou, we immediately found a dirt-cheap suite equipped with a futuristic multi-jet shower featuring a radio and array of blue lights. I couldn't help suspecting the gods had given us this good luck because of an impending shafting. Like many areas of natural beauty, Jiuzhaigou did not look its bes... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Toilet busToilet bus
Toilet bus

Smelled great ...



10th July 2007

awesome!
Looks so amazing, I saw a PBS show on these lakes years ago and have always wanted to visit. Great post, the lakes look mesmerizing!
11th July 2007

I was just there yesterday
Hi, Jabe: Your entry is very good and I commend you for your insight. I am visiting Juizhaigou for 5 days and am staying in a beautiful (although not cheap) hotel called Juizhaigao Paradise Resort & Convention Center. The hotel is something of an architectural wonder built high up a mountain about 5 km from the park. One thing I wanted to tell you is, if you can, do make a point of going to the Ancient Qiang Village and the Opera House there. The show is a true spectacle of song and dance and tells the story of the Qiang people in a beautiful fashion. It lasts about 1.5 hours and the level of talent is very apparent. It gives the outsider a better appreciation of the folk history of this area and winds up with a heartfelt invitation for the audience to join the cast in a round-the-bonfire singing and dancing. It is very special and makes you feel truly welcomed by this people who have an obvious reverence for Nature. So do make this addition to your trek. On another note, the walking in and around the park is not for the faint-hearted. Good walking shows and relative good health will take you far. High blood pressure and high altitudes don't mix!
11th July 2007

Good photos
There were some really amazing photos there I found them really interesting. Was looking for one of the shower though!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb