Jiuzhaigou national park


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Jiuzhaigou
March 25th 2007
Published: March 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The lakeThe lakeThe lake

(one of many)
At Sim's place we meat Maya and shaked - nice Israeli couple, and decided to go together to Jiuzhaigou nature reserve. We were told its not the best season, but we are here now, so... Early in the morning Maya called for a cab to Sim's place (we would never had thought of that, we must admit...). Took a cab to the bus station. we probably got the last 4 tickets, therefore found ourselves in the last seat. It was a long ride, more than 10 hours of bumpy road with a not-so-good bus. We were almost there when the bus stuck without water. We are still trying to figure it out - looks like buses here run on water... after 10 minutes we managed to go on. it happened once more but then we got to our destination - Jiuzhaigou national park.
We meet on the bus a chinese women who spoke English and helped us find an hotel. She also helped us ordering some food in the restaurant, cause there was no English menu. we had a small choice of noodle and rice. Its off season they said...
Next morning we moved to a better hotel that has hot water and heating 24 hours. Then we made our way to the park. We tried our luck again with our "student cards" but it didnt work here. We got a ticket for two days, with our picture on it (2 of us together).
It was very cold that day, and a little annoying drizzle, but the park is beautifull. Tourquise colored lakes, waterfalls, and trees with pink flowers (we are nor sure what they are).
There was one place in the park you can eat lauch, but when we got there around 13:00 they said "they had finished working for today". They can only offer us some soup for 30yuan. thank you very much. Luckily we had our snacks to eat: some bread, cookies, banana and chocolate. Later we went to see the "long lake". It was indeed long, and all frozen. All the trees around it are with snow on top of their leaves. We saw another nice pool with several colors, and then had back to our Hotel. On the way we bought some dried Yak meat. Amir and maya liked it a lot. In the evening we managed to have a very good chinese meal, with no English menu. It wasnt cheap but was very tasty.

On the second day the sun came out and it got much warmer. It was so warm we even got some ice-creem. The scene in the park was prety much like yesterday - blue lakes, snow, river, but was still very nice.
Roll down for some more pictures...


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Noa's unbrella on a cruiseNoa's unbrella on a cruise
Noa's unbrella on a cruise

somehow it came back to shore and brave Amir went down to get it.
getting marriedgetting married
getting married

the poor bride was just freezing


9th April 2007

BEAUTIFULLLLL PARK!!
This looks like heaven.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb