Now, we live in China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu » Emi Shan
August 25th 2012
Published: August 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

For this entry I am going to keep it short. We found an apartment, and it is very nice. That is to say that it would meet most of the standards of an apartment in the United States. That might not sound like much, but I will just say that we were getting worried that we would not find such a place to live. We have electricity, gas, water, and internet set up. Well, internet was going to be set up. However, one of our student helpers got a call from the internet provider saying that it was going to take 2 weeks at least for us to get internet because our unit has "problem." So, going to a coffee shop for internet will have to be our standard for a little while. This coffee shop does not seem to busy very often, and they gave us a gift the other morning that was apparently a second Valentine's Day that they celebrate here called Double Seventh Day.

We also had some time off with nothing to do without internet and much access to our electronics due to a power converter problem. So, we made an evening trip to Tian Fu Square, which means Heavenly Province. We found a lot very expensive shops like Gucci, Ralph Lauren, etc. and then we also found an awesome possibly knockoff market that was basically a dozen story (or more) mega mall. It was starting to shut down though, so we decided we would have to make an earlier trip later to investigate more thoroughly.

The big deal though is that we have a place to live, and, now that we cleaned and put all of our stuff away, we love it! Enjoy the photos of our new home for the next year.


Additional photos below
Photos: 75, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



25th August 2012

New Apartment, new beginnings
Hi, You have a very nice apartment. New apartment means, everything will be new. I hope you can adjust well with your new community. Are you now good in Chinese?

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb