Ancient City of Ping Yao


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanxi » Pingyao
April 7th 2006
Published: April 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

For the weekend, I visited the ancient city of Ping Yao with five other people. Ping Yao is a city enclosed by a city wall. It is use to be the center of all financial transaction. The city wall that surrounds the city protected the city from intruders and enemies that wanted to rob the city of its wealth. All of the ancient architecture is still perserved so you are able to see how the Chinese in the ancient days lived. A lot of the Kung Fu movies are filmed here. Ping Yao is a 5 hours train ride from Beijing.

From Ping Yao, went travelled to Taiyuan which is the city next to Ping Yao. Taiyuan is famous for its twin Pagodas. These Pagodas are identical and stand 55 meters. We were actually able to climb all the way to the top.

The people I went with is all international. There was Ole(German), Ellysa(Indonesian), Scorpi(Indonesian), Jason(Korean), Jenny(American).


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

View from the tallest structureView from the tallest structure
View from the tallest structure

We were able to climb up the tallest structure in the city. This is the view...
CIty WallCIty Wall
CIty Wall

We were able to find the entrance that allowed us to actually walk on the city wall....that was pretty cool
On the Otherside of the WallOn the Otherside of the Wall
On the Otherside of the Wall

This was pretty funny. On the other side of the wall, we saw people playing pool on the streets...interesting huh?


24th April 2006

I am speechless!!!!

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb