For The Sake Of One Good Action


Advertisement
Asia » China » Shanxi » Datong
May 23rd 2008
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

For the sake of one good action one hundred evil ones should be forgotten. DA TONG The girls at the Temple side Guest house in Beijing gave us our train tickets to Da Tong. She told me the ticket clearly said in bold Chinese symbols 'Central' train station and not 'West' train station, she said that any taxi driver would be able to get us to 'Central' in less than 10 minu... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The Hanging Temple with no one thereThe Hanging Temple with no one there
The Hanging Temple with no one there

I waited eons for this picture.
Da Tong Coal mining industry.Da Tong Coal mining industry.
Da Tong Coal mining industry.

The whole of DaTong is a lake of coal.



6th June 2008

triangle of life
"The American Red Cross, being a U.S.-based organization, does not extend its recommendations to apply in other countries. What works here may not work elsewhere, so there is no dispute that the "void identification method" or the "Triangle of Life" may indeed be the best thing to teach in other countries where the risk of building collapse, even in moderate earthquakes, is great." With the strict building codes in the U.S., particularly in California, the risk of a building actually collapsing is probably slim to none, however it makes perfect sense to me that the triangle of life would be most appropriate in other places without such strict building codes... or perhaps where the buildings are very old. Hard to say what is the right answer. How should we decide in a time of crisis when the walls and floor are shaking???? For me, I'm going to stick with the guys who have actually worked in disaster situations first hand and I am grateful that they have spoken their truth.
6th June 2008

Constantly renewed
Claire, I am constantly renewed by your fresh sense of life and being in touch with your emotional and spiritual side. Your blogs confirms and strengthens my inner desires to help the world and to be guided by my 6th sense. This blog is beautiful written and intertwines the emotions of loss, death, healing, love, and prosperity. Thank you for all of your writing my friend. It is a constant reminder that there is so much more to life than trying to just get ahead.
7th June 2008

Claire,can i ask where you are from ,it seems that you have a deep knowledge about chinese traditional culture,even some theories i don`t know,where did you get that things,could you tell me.
7th June 2008

Im English, but I think I have had many lives in Asia! I have had a life where I have been taught to observe and ask many questions, the rest is surface research and a deep intuative feeling for things. Thanks for your comment I always appriciate them.

Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 33; qc: 130; dbt: 0.1551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb