Final leg of our tour


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
May 12th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 31.23, 121.47

Can't wait to experience the short Mag-Lev train ride to the Pudong Airport. Also the Museum, the Bund and Nanjing Rd shopping plus the Yuyuan Garden and Market.

Got settled in to our spectacular Marriot hotel about 7pm. Took a short walk down Nanjing Rd and savoured the experience.

Saw the renowned Shanghai Acrobat Show in the evening and it was stupendous! Shanghai ranks as our favourite city, along with Guilin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Shanghai Marriot City CentreShanghai Marriot City Centre
Shanghai Marriot City Centre

They saved the best for last! Lovely hotel and rooms, just 5min from the Nanjing Rd shopping precinct.
Nanjing RdNanjing Rd
Nanjing Rd

Lovely shopping mall. Ate a Subway tuna roll and loved it. Bought a swish green laser too.
Skyline from Shanghai MuseumSkyline from Shanghai Museum
Skyline from Shanghai Museum

Super morning that became overcast and drizzly late in the day. The Museum was terrific, items up to 5,000 years old, including gold coins with Alexander and Ghengis Khan heads on then.
Pudong Financial DistrictPudong Financial District
Pudong Financial District

In 1990 this was farmland. Then the focus on Shanghai development (remember - 1/3 of the world's cranes in Shanghai?). Now over 600 buildings 30+ storeys tall, and still building. Methinks we will be speaking Mandarin not too far in the future...
Fleeced Saunders!Fleeced Saunders!
Fleeced Saunders!

Foolishly publicly telling Rhona to "buy what you want", Mike returned from a fruitless free beer search in the tourist silk store to find he was taken literally. Silk bedding, including a vacu-packed doona and pillows with covers, saw him a broken man...
Old French ConcessionOld French Concession
Old French Concession

Mostly reconstructed but still charming!
Daytime Nanjing RdDaytime Nanjing Rd
Daytime Nanjing Rd

Night was certainly more dramatic. Our guide Rocky did well, but his English was hard to understand when he got excited.
The BundThe Bund
The Bund

Light rain made this exposure difficult, but the lighting is striking.


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb