Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
April 2nd 2015
Published: April 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

We survived the flight and we survived the first day and we are still friends. LOL

What a day, we are 3 hours behind here so we left the hotel at 7.30am and headed down the Bund. What a wacky place in the morning. People in groups doing Tai Chi and soooo many people walking backwards. Not only walking backwards but doing some elaborate clapping routines. We were accosted by a guy wanting a photo with us and other random strangers. The bund is like an esplanade along the river leading to the port, lots of barges to and fro on the waterway. We used the hop on and hop off bus system and ended up exploring lots of places, actually temples, yes sue loves temples. Sharon, Noelene and Judi got some retail therapy at a silk factory. We met Geoff at the Jade temple and he showed us a little eatery serving fresh noodles. Had some for lunch and they were freshly made and very nice. Lucky we didn't judge the place on looks as the cleanliness wasn't great. Surprised this morning at the lack of number of people around. I don't think people are early risers and the few that were out and about love the tai chi and flying kites. Will add more later. Off to the sky scraper to view the city at night, after a huge down pour. Then some dinner and bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb