Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
September 6th 2012
Published: September 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

What a way to end a fantastic month.

Shanghai is one of those buzzing metropolitan cities, where there isnt that much to see and do like Beijing but there are lots of bars and gardens and shopping and pretty places to go.

We arrived on the night train from Xian and checked in at the hostel which is just off East Nanjing Road- the high street of Shanghai. After this we walked over to Peoples Park and Peoples Square and had a lovely wander round. The park is nice and at the edge theree are various galleries and the Urban Planning Exhibition Centre which we decided to go into. The centre had various levels implicating the history of the city and what they would like to do to make it better. It also has a mini Shanghai inside which lights up and they make it dark and things.. it was quite cool (but i did leave with the thought that Shanghai was going to take over the world!)

Following this we had lunch and then headed down the Bund to Yu Yuan Gardens and shopping area. Both the areas were bustling and we had a nice time just pondering down the streets and nooks and crannies. That evening we decided to have our night out in China... we went to a few bars in Hua Shan Road (about 10mins metro from East Nanjing).

So today, we just completed our sight seeing of Shanghai and went to the French Concession. There are 2 main areas, the nicest one being Tianzifeng, where it had lovely little alleyways with boutique shops and cafes and was really chilled. Xintandi was a lot more upmarket and more of a mall than anything else.

To end our holiday we just went down the Bund in the dark which was spectacular as the Pudong area is lit up beautifully and then had some dinner in one of the food courts near the Bund.

Thank you very much Asia for a lovely holiday. Taxi to the airport tomorrow morning at half 5. As ong as i dont mmiss the flight "Bye bye Asia for now, but this is not the end". 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb