Life in the Big City of Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
May 10th 2011
Published: May 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Massive towers fill the sky. Flowers are everywhere planted along the street on the light poles in the hotel providing color and beauty to sunny day. We took it slow today. The hotel bed hit the spot and Aunt Amana and Carolyn won the wake up early prize of enjoying the breakfast that the Hilton provided. We left the hotel after noon and went to a historic street area that had tons of shops and old style buildings. The smoothies and ice cream were a hit along with some freshly made doughnuts. Everybody has been happy with the food in China and no one got sicks. The people that have encountered us along the way are full of smiles and laughter. After strolling around we headed over to an underground market to do some shopping. Got some great deals and added more items to haul back to the States. Figuring out how to travel overseas with the bags should be fun tomorrow. We only stayed 24 hours in Shanghai and we enjoyed every moment. We rode in yesterday on a high speed train called a Maglev that goes 160 mph. On the way back today to the airport we happened to be in 2 speed racer taxis that literally drove 120 mph all the way for 1 hour to the airport. My mom's heart nearly stopped and she squeezed Uncle Leslie's knee super tight while they raced through traffic. We made it back to Dalian where tomorrow the journey is coming to an end.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb