Still Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
April 24th 2006
Published: April 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi!

Still in Shanghai and at the moment we are not sure how much longer we are going to be here. On a whim we decided the other day that we'd go to a place called Tai Shan to climb this mountain (as you do). But, after looking into it a bit more we're not sure this will be possible now because there's a festival on from the 1st May and it may be too difficult to get an onwards train to Beijing (where we have booked accommodation for the 1st). So, we're here for the time being until we find the best way out!

We went on a river cruise up the Huangpu river today, which was really cool as it gives you the best views of the new and old buildings that line either side of the river. We had dinner in a restaurant called 'Grapes' in the French Concession, which was really nice and we got under charged - an added bonus! We didn't feel guilty because the place was heaving and it's the priciest meal we've had yet.

Here's some photos of what we got up to today.

Paul - Also, rather brilliantly, every tv shows Premiership football every night from about 11 till about 2. Get to watch any live games then highlights of the rest. Now I just need to find highlights of League 2!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



24th April 2006

Food
Good to see your sampling the local delights. I told you that training at my house would come in handy Paul!!
24th April 2006

Or get Grimsby promoted quick sharpish by holding the Premier League to ransom
24th April 2006

Less photos of Paul
Hope your havin an awesome time, China looks wicked, but for the sake of keepin the blog popular i think less photos of paul eatin and generally less photos of paul. Hope your budget is goin to plan... won't if fat boi eats any more g'sus look at all that, how many ways can u cook a dog?!? Oh yeah and I didn't think i was in, i was a 100% in, look at weeze and laura's faces....That is pure unadulterated desire
24th April 2006

Food Glorious Food
Place looks fantastic and food at this moment in time after to many bloody squats looks gorgeous, better than my fish and chips. Trust you two to get a cheap meal, I reckon you try it on wherever you go. Lots of love and kisses
25th April 2006

Outstanding Invoice
Dear Intrepid Duo, This is the hotel manager of Chez Newington Butts, whose hospitality you have been enjoying for numerous days in London recently. I would like to let you know that your invoice for bed and half-board is still outstanding and regrettably I have had to inform the Chinese authorities and request your deportation to settle this. There is also the issue of monogrammed towels and bath gowns, and numerous little shower gels and shower caps going missing - these are not complementary and have been added to your bill. The fact that we can now see images of you having a wonderful time and stuffing your faces with Chinese food is merely salt in the wounds. On the positive side, all of Katie's tears have allowed us to form an indoor swimming pool/spa which has enabled Chez Butts to gain an extra star in the AA guide. Yours Hotel Manager - Chez Butts, the most exclusive residence in Elephant! P.S. I don't care how many wonders of the world you see, nothing will beat the wonderment of the entertainment at Chez Butts, particularly the 'I don't like cricket' dance, which is copyrighted for your information!
25th April 2006

Has anybody spotted Laura's resemblance to a young Yoko Ono in the above photo - apparently she had welsh blood in her veins too!
25th April 2006

Food Hygeine
You want to be careful mate I am sure that moved as you put it into that cavernous hole -oh your mouth - did you check for bugs and things before you ate?? Oh my god Ofsted arrive tomorrow for two days - now I feel sick after looking at all that food.
26th April 2006

Yoko Ono
Yes my sister does look remarkably like the Ono one. Looks like Asia has had an effect in a couple days!
26th April 2006

err dunno
I have been following this blog with interest now. China looks good. Don't do anything severe else the communists will cut your balls off!

Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 95; dbt: 0.1053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb