Yuyuan Gardens


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
October 18th 2009
Published: October 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Watching the fish 29 secs
2: Cart ride #1 55 secs
3: cart 1- Safety! Safety! 30 secs
One of the first things I saw in Shanghai was Yuyuan gardens in the heart of the city. At the end of August all of the new English teachers had to go to the travel hospital to be checked out, in order to be fit for work. We spent the afternoon doing some sight seeing, shopping and visted the Garden.
It was hard to believe that something so old and beautiful is in the middle of a modern city.
After leaving the garden we decided to take a ride on a motorcycle-bike-cart (kind of vehicle). There were too many of us to fit on one, so we had to use two. I decided to take a video of the mass confusion during the seating. For some reason the lady driving wanted me to sit in the front (which was Not a seat I might add). Finally we all found a spot, but our cart did not have a "saftey bar", but instead a piece of cord strung from one side of the cart to the other.
-Check out the video (enjoy!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Old and NewOld and New
Old and New

I thought this was a cool shot because you can see the new buildings in the background
Yuyuan GardenYuyuan Garden
Yuyuan Garden

Cute cat sleeping
Dressed for the DayDressed for the Day
Dressed for the Day

Its too bad I couldn get her face, but this lady was a prime example of how Chinese women are decked out everywhere they go....even the Garden. Heels and all.


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb