In Awe of Shanghai's Skyline


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
July 20th 2009
Published: August 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Shanghai's got the best skyline in the entire world. Hands down, nothing can beat the sweet buildings that line the river here - The Bund. At night all the buildings light up and catamarans float down the river, illuminating the river with their own neon.

Shanghai is China's economic capital and the largest city in the country. It's polluted as heck and there are 18.2 million people living here. That's most of Australia's population in one city.

The futuristic, rocket-like building that can be seen in my various photos of Shanghai's skyline is the Oriental Pearl Tower. It's almost half a kilometre high and in my opinion, it looks like aliens put it there. My other favourite building in Shanghai is the Shanghai Financial Centre. It looks like a gigantic beer bottle opener.

I'm totally stoked to be seeing Wednesday's eclipse in Shanghai. I've calculated using Stellarium that the eclipse will occur low on the horizon and just to the right of the Oriental Pearl Tower - perfect =). This city's amazing skyline as a background for the 21st century's best eclipse will going to be INSANE!

Over and out,
Bugtron


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Shanghai Financial CentreShanghai Financial Centre
Shanghai Financial Centre

Looks like a gigantic bottle-opener ay?


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb