Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
June 6th 2009
Published: June 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Shanghai is a shithole. Sorry Mum, but it is. It's just a massive, dirty, smelly building site! The people are really rude and racist and they spit all over the floor. Gross.

We really wont be taking many good memories of this place! We went to the Russian embassy to apply for our Russian visas and they got rejected. Horrible day, spent all day queuing and being shouted out at by Russians to be told no! bah. But, it's turned out pretty good, we have got cheap flights to Kuala Lumpur and they give out free 90 day stamps so we are going to bum around the Malaysian beaches for a bit 😊

There isn't a lot to do in Shanghai. We went to the museum, it was boring and my shoes were rubbing so it wasn't much fun, but at least it was free. We have spent most of our time in the library (we couldn't find any internet cafes) sorting stuff out. We went on the Bund sightseeing tunnel, and it was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in my life. The tube would of only been 40p, but we thought we would see what the tunnel was about, it was 5 pounds and it is basically a tunnel with lots of flashing lights and a voice saying "magma" and "meteor shower". Biggest waste of money ever.
We did some shopping, that was fun.

Actually, we did do something good.. We went to see the Shanghai acrobatic troupe, that was amazing 😊 They did loads of mad acts, some of them bent their bodies into positions that bodies are just not meant to go in!! There was some tightrope walking and juggling and loads of stuff.

Tomorrow, we are flying to Chengdu. We were planning on getting the train, but it was 50 pounds for 40 hours on a train or 50 pounds for 3 hours on a plane (with a meal included!!). There are pandas there, it looks ace. Hopefully better than Shanghai!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb