Our girlie day!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
May 2nd 2009
Published: May 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, it’s only been 5 days since my last blog but we have managed to fit so much in. This is a team blog as we are pooling our blogging talents to make it even better! On Tuesday, Joanna took a personal day so that we could have a girlie day. We went to Suzanne’s apartment to collect her to come with us and we headed off to the infamous Fabric Market. I’ve heard about it from Joanna but to see it was just amazing. Every type of fabric with lovely clothes hanging as examples on every stall......from simple tops to cashmere coats which can be made in the fabric of your choice and having taken your measurements, your garment will be ready in a week.....or next day if you would prefer. We opted for the next week option to try and get the best quality...and to give the bank balance a break too!
We stopped for a quick coffee and toast before we started our shopping....and we were guided through the market by Joanna who was the most experienced among us. We all agreed to have a browse around first and not commit to buy anything, although we had all brought items we wanted copying and items we wanted to order. There are 3 jam packed floors and by half way round the 2nd floor, we could resist no longer. We were invited into a small stall by a fascinating lady where Suzanne spied the skirts she wanted copying. This lady was just amazing and fascinated us all.....so much so that we all ordered from her. Suzanne ordered 2 skirts and a summer blouse, I ordered a jacket to be copied in a gorgeous shade of blue and Joanna ordered a red summer dress, and a summer top. We were all a bit exhausted after this so decided to go up to the 3rd floor where Suzanne and I ordered beautiful Chinese-style tops and I found a gorgeous black reversible Chinese jacket. The other side is a beautiful silver and black Chinese material and it is just fantastic. I can’t wait to wear it to court! After this we decided we should head down the bottom floor to order our trousers we wanted from a person Joanna has used before. We all ordered the same pair of Capri style pants but in different trousers. Such a bargain! We will be heading back next week to collect our items and promise to send some pictures.

After our exhausting shopping trip we went for a lovely ladies lunch at the Cool Docks. We drank our way through a bottle of vino in the Spring sunshine at a lovely Greek restaurant. We then hopped about 10 yards to Starbucks where we enjoyed coffee and cake before heading home. Sophie had been on a school trip to the JinJiang Amusement Park and was being brought home by Ms Karen as we were going to her house for the evening. Ian collected William from his bus and met us there where we went to view an apartment, which unfortunately turned out a little smelly and unsuitable! The boys then went on to view another while we were pampered by Karen’s personal facial lady. It was just the most heavenly and relaxing thing ever. At this moment we are still debating whether to show you the photographic evidence but needless to say it wasn’t a pretty sight.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb