William's 5th birthday


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
February 1st 2009
Published: February 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our little boy is all grown up and 5 years old now. He was all excited when he woke up this morning, but not too excited to ignore the presents and ask for his breakfast! He is still keeping up his huge appetite at breakfast times and eating several courses! We did manage to distract him after a few goes and Sophie and him brought his presents into our room to be opened! This year was noticeably different, in that he actually opened the cards first and waited for big sister to help him see who they were from, if he didn't recognise the writing, so that he knew who the presents were from each time. We had decided we wanted both Sophie and William to have an outdoor present, and, as we don't have access to a garden, we decided on rollerblades! They went down a treat, as we had agreed to give Sophie her blades on the same day so that they can practice together during this second week of our holidays.


After breakfast, we headed out to practice blading, and luckily the weather had warmed up substantially for us. After a while, the kids ended up in just t-shirts and the sun was shining brightly for us. We spent about an hour outside in our compound, which was such fun. We had kind of expected them to get bored and/or scared, but they were both giggling away, even when they fell over. We had bought pads for them so that when they did fall over, they just got straight back up again. They didn't spend much time not holding onto on of us, but towards the end they both gave it a go. At this point, William fell on his bottom and Sophie fell flat on her face but still neither cried! After an hour, we headed back for a bit to eat and a good rest, Ian and I were exhausted!!

I took William for a quick birthday trip to the doctor's which just reopened after a week's holiday! Amazingly, it was empty, and we were seen straight away. He still has tonsilitis and was given antibiotics, but he is definitely on the mend. We were home within half an hour, and our friend Suzanne came over with Emily and Nathan. The children all disappeared into their rooms and played so nicely for hours...it was lovely. Nathan was introduced to Super Mario Bros on DS and Sophie played make up artists with Emily while Suzanne and I sipped G&T's lovingly made by Ian! We had pizza delivered for tea and then I had made chocolate chip cup cakes as the official birthday cakes will be had at the joint party next Saturday. They weren't great considering I had again made them without scales, baking powder, vanilla essence etc etc...but they were all eaten and we sang happy birthday! All in all, it was a lovely family day.

We are having a bit of a problem uploading photos at the moment so please bear with us, we will keep trying!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb