Arrived in Shanghai- whats all the fuss about?


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
January 17th 2009
Published: January 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in shghai and wasnt to impressed apart form the weather which isnt strictly due to being in shanghai. Hotel is the seedy redlight district where you can geta happy massage( no joke) NICE.

That evening though we went to see the acrobats and OH MY GOD its AMAZING.

The pics dont really do it justice and ll have to put some videos up so you can see properly.

Five motorbikes in cage at once was especially good and crigne worthy at the same time- kind of like a dark british sitcom- CANT STOP WATCHING

On the way back we saw in the industrial building lit up which is whatr you always see of shanghai and it was impressive but the lights only go so far to mask the seedy happy massage feel of the place ha ha.

So with nothing to do that evening had beers- played cards- bed.

Next day in Shanghai

Got up and went to the French quarter for brunch, went in two taxis and got dropped off at different places which was fun, eventually found the other guys and made our way to the french quarter.

Little did i know that we had to traverse a womans kryptonite- SHOPS

every five meters it seemed we have to pop in to a C and A or H and M only for the girls to say " oh its just like the one at home and the prices are the same"

SO WHY DO WE THEN HAVE TO SPEND TIME WITH YOU LOOKING AROUND WHEN WE ALL KNOW YOUR NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING - lol

So when we eventually got ther it was really interesting and a brilliant insight into what the arrea an houses were back a few hundred years ago when the french and english set up shop.

One of the best places was a castle basically that an opium dealer built for his daughter ( because as you do when you have lots of money and your kid asks for a fairy tale caslte- you build her one) which is now a hotel, we got to have a good nose around and get some nice pictures.

Finally on the way back to the hotel we witnessed a very wierd thing.

An Xfactor type show on the street, it basically seemed like people turned up sang on camera for a bit in front of a few hundred people and the three judges banged a gong when they had heard enough.

All broadcast live on tv- strange but really funny.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb