On the way to Palawan ...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
November 13th 2008
Published: December 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Philippines round-trip


A total of 9 flights should've taken us to the last frontier of the Philippines; Palawan island. With the rainy season finishing around December, we were hoping for a bit of good luck and so lots of gorgeous sunshine.
First stop on our route was Beijing for a night, and then Shanghai for a day. On Sunday the 23rd of November we flew into Beijing Nanyuan airport on a short hop from Hohhot. Here we said goodbye to Kerstin, our dear friend who's been with me in Hohhot for nearly a year. (snif) I wish her all the best on her travels down under and for anyone interested in her blogs; You'll find her on TB under the name ShariNa.

The next morning we flew into Pudong airport after where we met up with an E-friend of Zhu. He showed us around the touristy area of Shanghai a bit where we had a nice coffee and some conversation.
The rest of the day we spend walking around Shanghai, checking out the Pearl Tower and the other side of the city, where all the old buildings are located.

That same evening our next flight would take us to Manila, so we headed to the airport by Maglev, and I can tell you, that is one cool way to travel! 250 km's per hour, making it 20 minutes to the airport!
Let the holiday begin!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb