Daddy bores them!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
August 27th 2008
Published: August 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey avid blog readers .... and those who read it out of mild curiousity, Joanna is drunk in bed after two glasses of whine, sorry wine, at her work dinner. Obviously with us being in China the dinner was at a Greek restaurant. Now I am told it was excellent but that no crockery was smashed ... only teachers. Unfortunately Thurston-Barnes the younger forgot the camera so we have no pictures of shenanigans to amuse you with (or should that be Trojan horseplay - I am laughing at that, and laughing even more knowing that you won't be), or if you think like me, no hard proof! To think that she forgot it by mistake would be extremely naif of me.

As for the rest of us we had another tough day. I could sum it up with - hospital / lunch / kidtown / dinner / bed. But out of a sense of duty to you readers I will try and add a bit of meat to that.

The hospital visit went well today, and I took William and our landlady Lisa along with us. Lisa was there for translation purposes and did us proud. Sophie also did us proud and the news was good, they only expect her to need one more dose of antibiotics tomorrow and then she will be free. Great news!

After lunch we went to a place called Kidtown, which the more astute of you may have gathered was right up Sophie and Williams alley. There were lots of little recreations of fire engines, theatre stages, shops, beauty parlours etc. all of which allowed the kids to dress up in different outfits.

We are taking it easy now as Sophie has school tomorrow, not proper but an introduction to it. She has half days Thursday and Friday to meet her new teacher and class mates and to get her books etc.

Hope all are well back home. Ciao for now.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb