Red Hot Chili Peppers


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
December 21st 2006
Published: December 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

On the BundOn the BundOn the Bund

On the Pudong side of the Huangpu riverfront. The end of a fun day.
A day of touring the world's 3rd largest city is filled with laughs and surprises and at least one "near miss". O'k, how can you not laugh when the pedestrian tunnel trip under the river turns out to be a Disney ride china style. Complete with laser lights and a dramatic trip announcer. Or, the funny "chinglish" interpretations seen all over the city. Laughter is also the best survival technique for the constant assaults to "buy a bag?", "watch?watch?watch?". Surprises abound at such things as the saxophone playing chinese santa on the balcony (looked a bit like a muppet but sounded amazing!), and the street musician who changed his tune to "yankee doodle" as we walked by. And all our eyes were watering from laughter after poor Ty accidentally splashed a red hot chili pepper into his eye when he slurped up his Ajisen Noodle "volcano beef" lunch. AGGHHHHH!!! He runs to the bathroom for water. Good thing he had his ice drink to soothe his throat after that lunch. We must admit, eating noodle soup with chopsticks takes skill.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Yangpu da qiaoYangpu da qiao
Yangpu da qiao

Driving along the freeway, we are always amazed at the sights of the city. Dorothy, we aint in Kansas anymore! (or Plymouth or Bay View for that matter either!)
volcano beefvolcano beef
volcano beef

Ty's eye gets splattered with molten juice from his "volcano beef" dinner. We think he needs safety goggles to eat dinner here!
icy relieficy relief
icy relief

The perfect remedy for spicy volcano beef is this icy "fruit drink" which is actually like ice covered with syrupy fruit.
yep, we're in Shanghaiyep, we're in Shanghai
yep, we're in Shanghai

The pearl tower is a landmark for Shanghai


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb