It's not easy being green.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shandong » Qingdao
September 22nd 2006
Published: September 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

It was Kermit the Frog who once said "It's not easy being green". And though he was refering to the fact that he was so very lonely we all at one point could probably relate to him. But this blog isn't about lonelyness and so on. Its about "its not easy being an Animal in China."

On our weekend off we decided we needed to check out more of Qingdao like any other new residents in a city. As we looked on the map of Qingdao we realized that we haven;t seen the zoo. So we packed up our gear and set off to the zoo. When we arrived there our first thought was ,"did the driver drop us off at the right place?" There wasnt really even an entrance. Just a gate with a guy sitting behind a chair to make sure people pay. And speaking of paying this had to be the lowest entrance fee for a zoo. 5 Rmb. Not even a full canadian dollar. This obviously set off some alarms in the ol' head about what kindof of quality this zoo was going to be in.

Mabey I have preconceptions about what a zoo should be like and how animals should be treated for the fact that I come from Canada where Animals basically have more rights than humans but this zoo was depressing. The animals look as though their desire for life has been ripped from there bodies. But this is all apart of the culture. A percentage of the population can barely feed themselves so why would they pump millions into a zoo.






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The Saw 3The Saw 3
The Saw 3

This is the sequal to SAW 1 and Saw 2, I'm pretty sure they've lost and are going for the leg now.
The Fish PondThe Fish Pond
The Fish Pond

This was the fish pond and oddly enough someone was fishing in it. Hahaha


23rd September 2006

Ruff Ruff Ruff
Penny-dog says she is glad she is not in the Chineese zoo! oxoxoxoxo we miss you guys - all 3 of us...

Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0154s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb