Terracotta Warriors - a team exercise.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
June 22nd 2017
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Mission: Get to the Terracotta Warriors unassisted!

When we left the hotel, we saw Bethany’s group on a bus passing us, but as we walked to the bus stop we found Autumn walking back because she’d accidently been left behind and didn’t know what to do. So we told her to come with us. As we waited at the bus stop, we were trying to figure out which bus we needed to get on. To find out, Tamara went up to two old ladies and showed them the text we got from Yashoda, showing them the symbols for the train station and they went up to the bus timetable and pointed to the one we needed to get on. When the bus came we all got on, and so did the ladies. We weren’t sure when to get off, but when our stop came they pointed at the door, telling us that this was our stop.

We got off the bus with Autumn and stood there for about five seconds trying to figure out where to go. There was no railway station!

Then as a bus started rolling past really slowly, a Chinese lady jumped off it and ran toward us. She started talking to us in Chinese as she ushered us to the bus and made us get on. As we were running to the bus, we noticed that the bus had ‘Terracotta Warriors’ written on the side. We pointed at it, asking if that was where we would be taken. She nodded and we got on the bus. We talked about how it was awesome that we didn’t have to worry about finding the right bus – it found us!



Che’la





PS (from Ken …the ghost adult!). The return trip to the railway station was easy. But the group got lost after that. Tamara asked a woman about how to get to our hotel, and she looked confused, but used her phone to find out where we needed to be. She seemed uncomfortable about us getting a cab. She then walked with us for a kilometer until we reached the correct bus, and travelled with us to the drop off point…. and she paid for our bus fares using her card…..and she hopped off the bus to escort us to the motel. We thanked her profusely and she humbly walked off!!! Wow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb