Xian


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
September 6th 2006
Published: September 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

6/9 - After 36 hour on the train from Lhasa we got to Xian. Off-course we couldn't find any train tickets to get out from it, so the day after in the morning we got Sleepers Bus tickets to Lhanzou(144 Y).

7/9 - Xian is a really nice tourist place, this what we thought before Noa's wallet was stolen. Fortunately 150$ + credit card that shortly after was cancelled were the most valuable things in it. so after complaining to the police, and moving from one officer to another, cause this is how things go in china, we got a this piece of paper with our complaints to give the insurance when we'll get back. We’ll see how would that work.
Taracotta Warriors: at 15:00 O'clock noon time, we headed to see the thing that this city is about. So we paid (90Y) entrance fee, and travel around a few building holding graves for warriors statues and horses and wrecks of them. also a nice movie explaining the origin of this archeological place. nice.

8/9 - Big Goose Pagoda - nice place surrounded with nicer park. Entree is 25Y, 15Y for a student. it holds Buddha’s rooms and beautiful gardens. To go up to the 7th floor of the pagoda you have to pay 20Y more.
In 1430 we got on the bus to Lanzouh. 20 hours in a freaking cold sleeper bus, with cage full of cats and dogs puppies and a big beautiful dog that were loaded to the luggage compartment, that gave me nightmares during that trip, poor animals must have ended as a supper or lunch. From Lanzouh we got the 0730 bus to Xiahe(see the next entry).

Xian has parks, many pagodas, good food, and a nice wall surrounding the centered city, which makes the stay really comfortable and enjoyable, this only if you keep an eye on your things, cause there are lots of the thefts. We stayed in the Lu-Dao hotel for a 140Y room with bath and shower in it, located 3 minutes from the train station and across the street from the bus station.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb